Are you an artist or student designer looking for a chance to improve your skills and win a great prize? Design us a new logo!
In November 2017, Alice Springs Women’s Shelter will be celebrating 40 years as a service. We have grown so much we thought it was time for a new logo and a new name to the “Alice Springs Women’s Service”.
In recent years we have grown from crisis accommodation for women to also include other services like:
- Urban outreach program
- Remote outreach program
- Education and information
- Sexual assault
- Court Support
- Specialised Child and family worker
- Aboriginal Mentors
We are seeking creative females artists, students and beginning designers to compete in the design of a new logo to reflect the many things we do.
Prizes for winning logo designers are:
- 1st place – $1000 gift voucher (for your store of choice)
- 2nd place – $200 gift voucher
- 3rd place – $100 gift voucher
The design should reflect the ASWS vision:
Our Vision is for a Central Australia in which all women and children live safely, with respect and dignity, free from violence, in their chosen communities.
Check out this video below for a great lesson on what kinds of images make great logos.
Ready to enter? Read the eligibility below and then upload your images using the form here (opens in another page).
For more information to help students with their creative process and understanding what we do, explore our website www.asws.org.au
Eligibility to enter:
- Identify as female
- Not be already professionally engaged as a graphic designer (however you may be a student designer).
- Be a resident of the Central Australian region.
- Not be employed by Alice Springs Women’s Shelter
- Be prepared to transfer ownership of the design to Alice Springs Women’s Shelter (and allow it’s modification or simplification for use in multiple forms) in exchange for the prize.
The logo entry must be:
A hand drawn or computer generated image converted to:
- An electronic image format (.jpg or .png) that can be used on our website, Facebook and other social media.
- Not more than 500kb in file size, and,
- With dimensions of not more than 400 x 400 pixels
Ready to Enter? Enter HERE
You can submit your entries in the form here; after you should get a message on your screen saying “Thank you for your submission“. Any issues with the form please email email@example.com
Entries close 4 pm the 7th May 2017.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Winners will be announced on the International Day of Families on the 15th May.