The Alice Springs Women’s Shelter provides a range of specialist training in domestic and family violence for the community sector.
- Domestic Violence in the Central Australian Context – One Day Workshop
- Domestic Violence in the Central Australian Context is our flagship training workshop.
- This is a one day workshop that is offered around 4 times a year or alternatively, on demand.
It is an introductory workshop for all professionals who are new to working in the field of domestic violence, or are new to working in Central Australia. This training is best suited to employees who may be exposed to first instance disclosures of domestic violence, rather than those who are primarily working with victims of domestic violence.
The training acknowledges that the experience of abuse for women in rural and remote Central Australia may vary significantly to those who live in urban areas and it explores the unique circumstances that face workers in delivering services in this region.
Topics covered in this workshop include:
- an introduction into domestic violence
- domestic violence in the Central Australian context
- relevant local and international research
- statutory obligations and mandatory reporting
- risk assessments tools
- safety planning procedures
- best practices in working with children exposed to domestic violence
Workshops are interactive, involving group work and scenario based learning.
For more information on the Domestic Violence in the Central Australian Context workshop please contact our Community Development and Training officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Family Safety Framework– one day workshop
The Family Safety Framework workshop is designed for professionals who work closely with women and children experiencing domestic violence.
The workshop lasts for one day and is offered on demand.
This workshop covers the following topics:
- What the Family Safety Framework is and how it works
- How to identify high risk clients
- What are the risk factors
- How to refer high risk clients onto Family Safety Framework
For more information on the Family Safety Framework please visit the FSF website NT (link).
Or contact our Community Development and Training officer: email@example.com
Cultural Awareness Training – Cut this
The Alice Springs Women’s Shelter offers a number of short training sessions on cultural awareness and sensitivity within the Central Australian context. Although the ASWS is open to all women, we deal a lot with Indigenous women from the local areas and from across Central Australian and the NT. It is important that we provide a service that is both sensitive and understanding of the specific cultural needs and differences within our region, to ensure women feel open and comfortable to access our service.
For more information on the Cultural Awareness training please contact our Community Development and Training officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tailored Training Sessions
We offer a range of flexible domestic violence workshops and training sessions which can be tailored to the particular needs of your business or organisation. Workshops can be customised to cover certain information relevant to your workplace and can be delivered over varying timeframes.
For further information on our workshop and training services please email our Community Development and Training officer: email@example.com